News from around the web.
Go to Source
Are you (or is someone you know) somewhere near the starting line of a genealogy journey?
Especially for you, we’ve put together a 132-page getting-started “bookazine” guide
Articles cover everything you need to know when you begin your family history search:
- filling out forms
- calculating cousin relationships
- myths to avoid
- choosing genealogy software
- using popular websites
- researching at the library, courthouse and cemetery
- using genetic genealogy
… and more. (You can see
the whole list of articles at ShopFamilyTree.com.)
The guide also has a starter kit of 14 essential genealogy forms, plus a decorative,
fold-out family tree you can fill in and frame. Even better, your purchase includes
several money-saving bonuses:
- a seven-day free membership to Family Tree Magazine Plus
- a seven-day free trial to genealogy records site Archives.com
- $25 off a Family Tree University course
- 15 percent off a purchase at ShopFamilyTree.com
See page 1 of Discover
Your Roots for details on redeeming these discounts.