News from around the web.
Go to Source
Each Family Tree Maker tree you create will have a primary person or “home” person. By default, the home person is the first person you entered in your tree. And if you’re creating a tree based on your family, the home person is most likely you.
However, you may want to switch the home person of your tree occasionally. For example, if you’re working on a specific family or branch of your tree, you may want to make someone in that ancestral line the home person. There are several ways to assign a new home person:
Changing the Home Person on the People Workspace
- Click the People button on the main toolbar and then click the Family tab.
- Select the individual to be the home person in the Index, pedigree view, or family group view.
- Right-click the individual and choose Set As Home Person. This individual becomes the new home person and remains the home person until you manually select a new one.
Changing the Home Person on the Plan Workspace
- Click the Plan button on the main toolbar and then click the Current Tree tab. At the top of the window, you’ll see the name of the home person.
- Move the mouse over the words “Home Person” until a button appears.
- Click Home Person. The Index of Individuals window opens.
- Select the individual you want to be the home person and click OK. This individual becomes the new home person and remains the home person until you manually select a new one.