News from around the web.
Go to Source
Are you learning as much as you should from your old black-and-white family photographs?
Are you doing as much as you can to preserve them?
You can make sure the answer to these questions is yes by taking the latest Family
Tree University Power Course, Picture
Your Family History.
In this one-week course, you’ll learn how to:
- How to analyze photos for clues to discover your family history
How to use those clues to learn when and where the photo was taken, and who might
be in it
- How to scan photos to get the best possible digital image
Tips to rescue worn, torn, scratched, faded or moldy images
- Free online photo editing tools you can use to digitally repair photos
- How to repair damage to facial features in your family photographs
- Where to get help when you can’t do it yourself
Power Courses give you two intensive hours of learning you can immediately use to
solve your family history problems. In the time it takes to watch a movie, you can
become a better genealogist.
Click here to learn more about the Picture
Your Family History Power Course. Don’t forget to use promo code FTU2011 to
save 20 percent on your registration.
The photo above shows my great-grandfather and my grandmother in about 1930.