News from around the web.
Go to Source
Just in time for the 1940 census hoopla to start, our new Genealogist’s
Census Pocket Reference puts resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts
for searching all US censuses right at your fingertips, in a handy book that’s
also very cute (it really does fit in your pocket).
Census Pocket Reference includes
- websites with census records and their coverage
- questions from each US census, 1790 through 1940
- maps of the territory covered in each federal census
- a key to common abbreviations in census records
instructions given to enumerators for each census (which affects how they were to
record your ancestors’ information)
- US population and immigration trends revealed in census records
- explanations of special nonpopulation census schedules
- resources for state and international censuses