News from around the web.
Go to Source
Start memorizing these excuses now! You’ll need them to roll right off your tongue
next week when you’re forgetting about dinner, ignoring the house and putting off
work in order to search the 1940
- “I’m just trying to deal with some schedule problems. Sorry it’s taking so long.”
- “Can it wait? I’m busy doing taxes.”
“I was on the internet ordering you presents just for being so good. Now go do your
homework before I change my mind.”
- “___ , hold my calls. I’m going to be tied up with the Washington account all day.”
“I was just pulling together those names—er, I mean numbers—you requested.” (Important: Have
a spreadsheet open you can click to if your boss pops up over your shoulder.)
“Can’t make it to choir practice/book club/happy hour on Monday—I’ve got a nasty case
- “I can’t talk right now. I’m spending time with relatives.”
- “Tonight’s not good. I have a date with Steve Morse.”
Want to speed up your census search? Get
tips and watch our free video on finding family in the 1940 census at FamilyTreeMagazine.com.
Check out our upcoming Family Tree University course Finding
Ancestors in the US Census: Online and Offline Strategies. This genealogy course
is just $39.99 for the April
30 session only—a $60 savings off the regular price!