News from around the web.
Go to Source
You may have heard that you can order the new AncestryDNA™ test right now, just by going to the AncestryDNA site. That’s great news! But we want to make sure you know some of the key features of the DNA test—with an Ancestry.com subscription and without.
While there is no monthly subscription to AncestryDNA, an Ancestry.com membership can help enhance your experience by taking advantage of additional benefits that the combined services offer together. If you’re already a subscriber, you’ll automatically have access to these benefits with your AncestryDNA test. And, if you’re not, you can choose to add a subscription when you purchase the test and save!
So let’s get right into it as we outline some of the key benefits of both options.
What you get with the AncestryDNA test alone (without a subscription):
- One of the most technologically advanced autosomal DNA tests available that looks at over 700,000 genetic markers across your entire genome.
- You’ll have access to your personal online DNA results, on Ancestry.com at all times.
- Your DNA results include your full genetic ethnicity breakdown. So for instance, you can quickly discover if you’re part Scandinavian, West African, European Jewish—AncestryDNA reports on 20 different regions from around the world.
- Receive updates to your ethnicity over time as we roll out new findings.
- Your DNA results also include a dynamic list of DNA member matches to help you find potential new relatives. This is continually updated and includes everything from immediate and close family to 4th-5th cousins and beyond.
- Easily view shared surnames and birth locations for each of your DNA matches.
- Contact your DNA matches on Ancestry.com.
- See a limited tree view of your DNA match’s public family tree. (up to seven generations)
- You’ll continue to receive Shared Ancestor Hints that let you easily spot your connection to a DNA match.
- Manage multiple AncestryDNA tests in one account.
- Keep your DNA results stored securely with your family history research on Ancestry.com, all in one place.
Some of the benefits to adding an Ancestry.com subscription to your AncestryDNA results:
- You’ll have unlimited access to over 11 billion records on Ancestry.com from around the world. Not to mention the millions of family trees (access levels vary by membership).
- Easily share photos and documents and save them to your family tree.
- Contact any member on Ancestry.com, not just your DNA matches.
- You can see the full family trees of any member (public trees).
- Since a subscription gives you access to more records and family trees, it’s easier to find the details to confirm distant cousin relationships.
- You can leverage the research of Ancestry.com members to help grow your family tree.
- Get additional AncestryDNA tests at a subscriber-only discounted price, currently only $129.
What happens if you get your AncestryDNA test results and choose not to extend your Ancestry.com subscription?
You’ll continue to have access to your DNA results and all that the AncestryDNA test offers as a standalone product. However, you’ll lose all the benefits of an Ancestry.com subscription as outlined above, including unlimited access to billions of records and millions of family trees.
Get AncestryDNA today.
So now that you know some of the ins and outs of AncestryDNA, you’re ready to make some new discoveries of your own. To order an AncestryDNA test right now, or to learn more about pricing and options you can go here for more information.