News from around the web.
Go to Source
Here’s our Photo Detective Maureen A. Taylor’s new book about
researching your family photos (and those mystery photos that might
or might not be your family):
… and you could win a copy by entering
your name in our Family Photo Detective giveaway.
What’s inside Family
Photo Detective? You’ll learn how to:
Determine whether you have a daguerreotypes, ambrotypes, tintypes, cabinet card or
other type of image
- Use clothing, accessories and hairstyles to help date the image
- Research photographer imprints
- Compare facial features in multiple photos to help identify individuals
- Interview family members for information
- Use photo props and background to add context
Photo Detective giveaway ends Feb. 28 at 11:59 p.m. ET. And if you refer a friend
who enters (by sending the link in your entry confirmation), you’ll get two extra
chances to win. Good luck!