While there are matching results for this project member, none are matches to our other project members. The project administration will continue to find the best method of sharing these results and are open to suggestions.
Descendants of John Manly
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 MANLY was born 1635, and died Unknown. He married MARGARET DORSILAUS. She was born Abt. 1635, and died Unknown.
Child of JOHN MANLY and MARGARET DORSILAUS is:
2. i. JOHN2 MANLEY, b. 1654, England; d. 1714, London, England.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 MANLEY (JOHN1 MANLY) was born 1654 in England, and died 1714 in London, England. He married MARY DELARIVIERE MANLEY. She was born 1663, and died 11 Jul 1724 in Lambeth, London, England.
Child of JOHN MANLEY and MARY MANLEY is:
3. i. JOHN3 MANLEY, b. Abt. 1681, Maryland; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN3 MANLEY (JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born Abt. 1681 in Maryland, and died Unknown. He married ELIZABETH DAYMAN. She was born Abt. 1681, and died Unknown.
Child of JOHN MANLEY and ELIZABETH DAYMAN is:
4. i. WILLIAM4 MANLEY, b. Abt. 1703; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 4
4. WILLIAM4 MANLEY (JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born Abt. 1703, and died Unknown.
Child of WILLIAM MANLEY is:
5. i. JOHN5 MANLEY, b. 1728, Cecil Co., MD; d. Feb 1733, Cecil Co., MD.
Generation No. 5
5. JOHN5 MANLEY (WILLIAM4, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born 1728 in Cecil Co., MD, and died Feb 1733 in Cecil Co., MD. He married ELIZABETH.
Notes for JOHN MANLEY:
Manley, John, planter,Cecil Co.,11th Feb., 1733-4;
18th Feb., 1734.
To wife Elizabeth, extx., use of entire estate during life; at her decease personal estate to be divided among all child. then living. Land bought of cousin James Bull to be sold and proceeds divided among child. Wife to have charge of child. during their minority; should she die before child. are of age, brothers-in-law John and Robert Pennington are to dispose of personal estate and deliver their portion to each child as they come of age.
Test: Thomas Johnson, Jr., Richard Whitton, George Timmons. Will probated in presence of Henry Manley, heir-at-law. 21. 328.
MARYLAND CALENDAR OF WILLS: Volume 7
Child of JOHN MANLEY and ELIZABETH is:
6. i. JACOB6 MANLY, b. 18 Apr 1747, Cecil Co., MD; d. 12 Dec 1794, Cecil Co., MD.
Generation No. 6
6. JACOB6 MANLY (JOHN5 MANLEY, WILLIAM4, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born 18 Apr 1747 in Cecil Co., MD, and died 12 Dec 1794 in Cecil Co., MD. He married REBECCA LUM 26 Feb 1793 in Maryland. She was born 09 Feb 1745, and died Unknown.
Notes for JACOB MANLY:
Will of Jacob Manley In the name of God amen. I Jacob Manley of Cecil County, planter, being in a sick and weak condition, but of sound and perfect Mind, memory and Understanding and knowing the certaintly of Death and yet uncertain When it shall please God to call me hence and being disposed to dispose of my Estate as may be best for my Dear Wife & Children do make this my last Will and testament in manor and form following. First I will that all my just and lawfull Debts and funeral charges be paid as soon as convenient out of my personal Estate or the Profits of my Lands as m Exectuve hereafter mentioned shall think best.—Secondly I Will and Order that my Wife Rebeccah shall have the Guardianship of such of my Children as are underage as long as she shall continue a Widow or untill my son Jacob manley arrive to the age of twenty one Which shall first happen and for her and their support during such time I give her the full use & profits of my Lands and Negroes Aib Nell and Flora, Subject nevertheless to the pament of Ten pounds per annum to my son William to be paid yearly and every year by my executive While a Widow or by my son Jacob or his Guardian after her Marriage. And in case my said wife should not marry again Then I give her the use of my aforesaid Negoes during her naturual Life and afterwards to my children Elizabeth, Sarah, Rachel & Jacob or such of them as shall survive her. But in case my Wife should think proper to marry again before my son Jacob comes of age I will that she shall have liberty of choosing a guardian and that my lands be Rented out for his use till he comes of Age then fully to be enjoyed held and profesed by him his heirs & assignes(?) forever subject nevertheless to the annuity charged that goes to his Brother William for ten years after my Decease. Thirdly I give and desire unto my son William a Negro girl named Sukey, one Bed and Bedstead painted green with Sheets, pillows, blanketts and coverlid; two cows I bought from Michael Lum two heifers two years old, five sheep, a sow and pigs, and a debt due me from Ephraime Price of twenty five pounds, one shilling and also the sum of ten pounds a year for ten years after my decease to be paid as mentioned and in case this annuity should not be paid two months in any one year after the same shall be due and granted then I will that it shall be lawfull for him to enter into hold and enjoy or take the rents, issues, and profits of that plantation or tract of land in Cecil County I purchased from Thomas Murphy until the expiration of the aforesaid term of ten years and no longer. Fourthly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Elizabeth a Negro girl named Phillis and to my daughter Rachel a Negro girl named Hannah and to my daughter Sarah a Negro girl named Minty to them their heirs, executors, administrators and assigne and to my son Jacob I give and bequeath a negro boy named Ben to be delivered to him when he comes of age with his Land. Fifthly, the residue and remainder of my personnal estate I give and bequest unto my beloved wife Rebeccah and my three daughers Elizabeth, Rachel and Sarah to be equally divided among them. And i do hereby constitue ordain and appoint my foresaid Wife Rebeccah to be my whole and sole Executor of this my last will and Testement and hereby revoke and annull every other last will and testament by me hencetofore made. In testimony whereof I have herunto set my hand and seal the second day of November in the year of our Lord seventeen hundred and ninety two.Signed sealed and declared by Jacob Manley for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who have subscribed our names as Witnesses then do in the present and at the Request of the said Testator.Signed
David Smith Signed & Seal Jacob Manley
Sampson CarverDecember 13, 1794 in Cecil County–Then came Rebecca Manley and made oath on the holy Evangels of Almighty God that the foregoing is thw Whole and true last Will and testament of Jacob Manley late of said County Deceased that hath come to her hands and possessions and that she doth not know of any other.Then came George Wallace one of the subscribing witnesses of the foregoing last Will and testament ofr Jacob Manley late of said county Deceased and made oath on the holy Evangel of Almighty God that he saw the said Testator sign and seal the within Will. That he hear him publish, pronounce and declare the same to be his last Will and testament that at the time of his so doing he was to the best of his apprehension of sound and disposing mind, memory, and understanding and that he subscribe the same as Witness in the presence and at the request of the testator.Sworn before David Smith
Child of JACOB MANLY and REBECCA LUM is:
7. i. WILLIAM7 MANLY, b. Abt. 1765, Cecil Co., MD; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 7
7. WILLIAM7 MANLY (JACOB6, JOHN5 MANLEY, WILLIAM4, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born Abt. 1765 in Cecil Co., MD, and died Unknown. He married RACHEL JACKSON.
Child of WILLIAM MANLY and RACHEL JACKSON is:
8. i. ABSALOM8 MANLY, b. 02 Apr 1810, Stubenville, OH; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 8
8. ABSALOM8 MANLY (WILLIAM7, JACOB6, JOHN5 MANLEY, WILLIAM4, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born 02 Apr 1810 in Stubenville, OH, and died Unknown.
Child of ABSALOM MANLY is:
9. i. FOSTER WILLIAM9 MANLY, b. 13 Sep 1839, Allegheny City, PA; d. 06 Nov 1912, Denver, CO.
Generation No. 9
9. FOSTER WILLIAM9 MANLY (ABSALOM8, WILLIAM7, JACOB6, JOHN5 MANLEY, WILLIAM4, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born 13 Sep 1839 in Allegheny City, PA, and died 06 Nov 1912 in Denver, CO. He married JULIA ANN PEARCE. She was born 01 Jul 1858 in Carmi, IL, and died 28 Apr 1934 in Denver, CO.
Child of FOSTER MANLY and JULIA PEARCE is:
10. i. HARRY DAY10 MANLY, b. 14 Sep 1889, Denver, CO; d. 02 Feb 1957, Elsegundo, CA.
Generation No. 10
10. HARRY DAY10 MANLY (FOSTER WILLIAM9, ABSALOM8, WILLIAM7, JACOB6, JOHN5 MANLEY, WILLIAM4, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MANLY) was born 14 Sep 1889 in Denver, CO, and died 02 Feb 1957 in Elsegundo, CA. He married ESTHER CHRISTINE BROMAN. She was born 04 Feb 1890 in Goodland, KS, and died 30 May 1982 in Roseville, CA.
Child of HARRY MANLY and ESTHER BROMAN is: